1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running +p ammo in their 9mm Ultra Compacts?
Just picked one up today and it may be love at first sight.
Gonna wring it out on Sunday and want to run some Cor-Bon through it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I have a .45 micro compact, and I do not use +p. A friend of mine told me that +P was bad for a micro although I do not know why. I am sure alot of the guys here can answer the question. But I would wait to fire the +p in it until the guys here reply :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....I have plenty of S&B ball ammo to keep it busy in the meantime. I did a search on it and couldn't find where it had been talked about. I have a couple boxes of Cor-bon 115 grn +p that worked very well in my XD that I'd like to try. I also e-mailed Springfield for a response. I'll hold off until I hear from somebody.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I just got back from the range and just finished firing 100 rounds of standard pressure ball and 50 rounds of +P hollowpoints through my .45 ACP Ultra-Compact.

Springfield's owners literature warns against using +P ammo but I can't see why. I may be somewhat more considerate if the gun had an aluminum frame but I can't see what's going to hurt anything in a steel-framed gun, as long as the recoil spring is up to snuff.

I've run lots of +P ammo in Sigs (aluminum frames), Para's (steel) and I'm doing the same with my Springfield. I don't consider it an issue.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had about 15 minutes so I got to run out back before dark and put a couple mags through the UC......WOW is this thing accurate. Only shooting from about 8 yards, but I actually punched the center out of my little magic marker target. Can't wait for the full blown session tomorrow. I did put 2 +p Cor-Bons through it, made her bark a little. :>)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The little UC 9mm is one of the most accurate 1911's I own. Amazing for its size. I don't know about 25+ yard shooting but its a defensive carry gun that is way more accurate than one would think.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the little UC 9mm for a 200 round stroll this morning and the result was good. The only problem I encountered was 4 Fail to Fire rounds. All recock and fired with one try. I was using S&B 115 grain ball ammo. I am wondering if the primers are a little on the hard side or if it is a firing pin issue. I'll have to get a variety of ammo to run through it and see if it happens again.

Very accurate, easy to control and a ton of fun to shoot. Love the thin grips. Trigger was a little squishy and will need a little cleaning up. Will probably send it off to the Custom Shop for night sights, checkering on the front strap, and possibly a Black-T finish so I can pretend it is a little Pro. :>)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts