1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Nikon P-223 3x9 scope with a set of P-Series mounts. Tonight when I tried to slip the mounts on the picitinny rail they would not fit. Yes both of them.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the mounts on another rail and they would not go. It strange that both mounts would not work. I took a set of calibers and the sides looked even.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Sounds like the problem is the mounts .

I would not call both not going on strange , they were both made from the same print ...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a set of the same mounts and they work great. Is the set screw backed off, just a thought.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Use a rubber mallet (after removing the BCG and charging handle) and "tap" them on, as they are know to be tight on some brands of uppers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RodII, the screw is all the way out. I can not get the rail to start in the mount. For the hell of it, I tried to get the mount on a rail on a handgun and it would not come close to fitting.

I got an e-mail to Nikon asking how could this be. If I do not hear from them by mid-day I will give them a call.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: I did call Nikon and explained the problem I was having and she said get her a receipt and she would forward it to the parts department.

These mounts came with a P-223 scope that I bought from a guy that sold his AR on another forum so a receipt was not available.

Broke out the files, a small rubber mallet and a spare picatinny rail. Did some filing and then tapping the mounts up and down the rail until they would slide. JUST hope that I did not screw-up the alinement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts