1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings once again,

I have 2 Magazine questions for this forum:

1. I have a MecGar that is now no longer holding the slide open on the last round. How do I get this sucker apart to clean fix, replace the spring? Any guesses as to why it might have stopped holding the slide open?

2. The P13 factory hi-cap mag that is jamming before continues to jam with a Para-Ord replacement spring and follower. It is consistently jamming on the 2nd last round. The jam is a stovepipe with the unfired round pointing straight up out of the ejection port.

Any sage advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi.

As for the Mec Gar mag, I can't answer that one.

But I put Wolff +10% springs in my Para mags to make sure that I wouldn't have any ftf/ftes. The spring from Para is that just a regular one or an extra tension?

For the cost of Wolff springs, I have 'em in all my pistol mags, not just my Paras.

Derek

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went thru 3 sets of factory springs for my P-13 hi-caps before I changed to Wolffs. Don't have that problem anymore.

I use my aftermarket mags at the range for faster reloading, just don't trust them for carry.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by CWL:
I use my aftermarket mags at the range for faster reloading, just don't trust them for carry.

Which aftermarket mags are those?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts