1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a P13 from a friend.

One of the Hi-caps it came with consistently jams. It misfeeds one round from the magazine up into the ejection port.

Apparently the spring and follower were replaced with new Para-Ord ones after problems my friend had had with it, but it is still not functioning properly.

Any suggestions on fixing it would be appreciated. (I'm beginning to think maybe a Wolff spring as a replacement?)

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Which round misfeeds? The first one or the last one, or in between?

Is it just the one mag that you have problems with - other mags function properly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a round in between generally number 5 or 6 I think.

All the other mags (2 prebans and 3 aftermarket 10 rounders) all function perfectly.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Well then, I'd say you can rule out the gun as the problem

Compare the problem mag to the other good ones. Make sure that the feed lips are OK and not bent or scored. I would suggest disassembling and taking a look at the spring to see if there are any kinks or bends where there shouldn't be. Then take a look inside the tube and make sure that it is clean and score-free.

If that doesn't turn up anything, scrap the mag that doesn't work and use the ones that do.

[This message has been edited by shane45-1911 (edited 05-31-2001).]

·
Registered
131 Posts
If the feed lips etc are ok, the mag spring
is too weak. They really do not last long especially if laying around loaded. Get a new Wolf mag spring, your troubles should be
cured.

·
Registered
251 Posts
some of the para tubes are rough inside and the follower/spring can catch on the rough spot - look at the inside of the tube for rough spots at 5 to 7 rounds down from the top - also check the edges of the follower for flash/etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts