1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Since I own a P13, and have been itching for a fullsized pistol, I wonder if a P14 slide/barrel group would fit properly on a P13 frame?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... I wonder how big of a gap there will be and whether or not it will affect functionality. I'll have to check to see if there is a full length guide rod included.

Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy another 1911 in full sized. I already have commander length and a compact length.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Roz,
There's some other things that can make a difference on what you are wanting to do. The depth of the recoil shield surface in the frame is an important one. I've never checked this depth in a P-13 compared to a P-14 as I've never had a customer request what you are wanting. However in a government model the depth is .775 where as the commander is .710. The surface area that I'm refering to in the frame is the area that the recoil guides shield (or head) is against, so when the slide recoils and the spring tunnel of the slide contacts the recoil shield the slide will be traveling farther to the rear before it stops rearward movement.
Also in a commander length gun the skirt on the barrel bushing is shorter and the contact area on the front of the chamber is set back farther. These are all things you may want to consider before attemping your project.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob & gnsmith,

Thanks for all the info. I am now thoroughly convinced it's time for me to just bite the bullet and buy a full sized pistol. Now the question is if I want to go double stack or single stack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts