1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seriously considering the p238 as a reliable carry replacement to my LCPII due to its various feeding, magazine and slide locking quirks.

I just saw a 1 year old run down of 380 pocket pistols on Lucky Gunner who I consider a pretty reasonable review source and they referred to the p238 as having plenty of feed quirks as well. At that price point, not what I want to hear.

Would anyone please offer the "conventional wisdom/experience" with the Sig p238 here?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Although I normally carry a 4” .45, there are times that I grab my P238 for a quick trip to the hardware store. I have even carried it on some long distance driving days in a VMII but not often. I also have an LCP and maybe a couple times a year I will throw that on my pocket for a quick run to Lowe’s. Not a big fan of the LCP but it is light and very small.

I have shot my P238 out to 25 yards. For a mouse gun it actually has usable sights and in fact very good sights.

I have never had a malfunction with mine.

I know .380’s are .380’s but I plan on having my P238 for as long as I’m able to pull the trigger. There are 9mm’s that are a little bigger but I figure if I am going to carry one of those I’d prefer just to carry a little bigger gun and I like my 4” .45 with the officers sized frame for summer carry.

·
Registered
237 Posts
More pocket sized than a 9mm, very accurate for what it is and no running problems for the 300 or 400 rounds I put thru it. And it's pretty

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went P938 Legion with Underwood Xtreme Defender 90gr 9mm for carry. I've put about 500 rounds through it and the only issues I've had are limp wristing/bent elbows leading to FTE or stovepipes (I've had two each). That's not the gun, though, that's me. I like the Xray sights, very easy to pickup that green circle on the front in bright light, and the glow in low light is sufficient.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Go to your LGS, and compare a P238 and a P938 side by side and grip each one.
For the minor difference size & weight, you will want the more powerful 9mm P938.
And in the right IWB holster worn at about the 4 - 4:30 position, you will forget that you are carrying it. Until, you try to get past TSA at the airport..... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Love the P238 never had any feed/eject issues. Only issue (not feed/eject related) I have seen is with TulAmmo which is know for their hard primers but when they fiered they ejected, even if it did take an extra hammer strike.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts