1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just treated myself to a new P9152 because when I saw this pistol I could not pass it up. The black stainless look is just too cool.

Anyhow, I took it home to clean it before shooting and the barrell will not slide out of the frame. How do you remove it? All my other 1911's once the plug and bushing are out the barrell just slides out the front of the slide, this one will not do it.

Finished cleaning and removed quite a bit of black dirt, greased the rails, oiled and ready to shoot. But I would like to know how to remove the barrell first before I dirty it up again. Thanks.

BTW, this pistol is so tight compared to my SA Mil-spec, I hope I don't get too many FTxs during breakin.

TM

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I also have this model, and have no problems field stripping it. You sure the barrell link is in the forward (down) positon?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most definitely the barrell link is down, it seems to be catching on the base that holds the barrell link. I wondering how they even got the barrell in the slide!

TM

·
Registered
937 Posts
Can you slide it about half way forward and then lift up an pull it out the bottom of the slide?

I'm not sure, but I think mine just slides out the front as well.

Stupid question, but you did remove the spring retainer right?

Brian

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, all was removed. This is like my 6th 1911 pistol, the barrell does not lift out either.

I think I will take it apart yet again tonight just to try a fresh approach.

TM

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, this barrell just is not removable from the slide. The base of the barrell link is too big to fit through the slide, such that the barrel link does not even get into the bushing slot. And of course there is no way to lift it out.

This whole pistol is extremely extremely tight, going to need a lot of breakin.

So, seeing that the barrell cannot be removed here are a couple of questions.

1. How did they get the barrell into the slide in the first place?

2. Should still be ok to shoot just difficult to clean?

Thanks

TM

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called Springfield, they say the only thing it could be is the front sight screw has backed out some and is stopping the barrell from moving forward. I was informed to just knock the barrell out or send it in and they would fix it.

I will probably send it back because I have put a good deal of just hand pressure on it and it is really stuck. If the barrell is to be gouged it won't be by me.

Bummer, I haven't even shot it yet.

TM

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, here are the results all. The slide to barrell fit is just plain tight!!!! After taking a wooden dowel and a light hammer I gently nudged the barrell out fairly easily. It was not caught on anything just plain tight!!! Never seen anything like this and I am not usually one to force anything. But, I really didn't want to wait for Springfield to look at this thing so I had to try under their advice.

FYI all,

TM

Be safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts