1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you folks used the Pachmayr rubber coated grip safetys and/or mainspring housings? If so, what is your opinion of them? Thanks, Ray Rinehart

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've used the rubber covered mainspring housing for years and found them to be quite comfortable. I haven't tried the grip safetys as I felt they might interfere with shifting the gun for a better grip. ( I know you should always have a perfect firing grip before drawing, but, stuff happens )

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rainman said:
I've used the rubber covered mainspring housing for years and found them to be quite comfortable. I haven't tried the grip safetys as I felt they might interfere with shifting the gun for a better grip. ( I know you should always have a perfect firing grip before drawing, but, stuff happens )
Does anyone know if the rubber coated parts

a. fit an SA loaded w/o too much work and
b. last as long as straight metal parts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The rubber MSH may be out of production. I hunted all over for them not too long ago, but to no avail. I tried Pachmyr or whomever is their parent company without any rreponse. I eventually cannibalized one off a retired gun and used it to replace a SA ILS MSH w/o complications.

I hope they are still out there as they were my MSH of choice. I never tried the rubber covered grip safety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts