1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you wear your pistol to Christmas dinner? I wear mine as do my brother, his wife, and my oldest son. We keep them concealed but we all know we are armed. What do you do?

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
It seems problems happen when our guards are down. The latest thing around here are the sudden home invasion robberies and carjackings. I've carried for so many years now it feels strange when I don't. To & from Grandma's covers the same mean streets, why should a holiday change anything?

·
Registered
377 Posts
As we are having Xmas as our house, yes. And if someone unwelcome decides to join us...

I'm even giving a friend a box of JHP for Xmas.

Merry Yule,
Steelheart

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
An armed Christmas dinner is a polite Christmas dinner. This sounds like a good strategy for other family get-togethers as well.:D

Happy holidays to everyone here at the Forum:)

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Hey since its Orange does that mean we should all sling our ARs and carry an extra 30 rounder in our pockets?

These color codes are a joke man!

But seriously, yes I do carry to Christmas dinner. I carry religiously, including in church.

Merry Christmas and stay safe people.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If I an not in the house or at work, I carry. Does not matter what day it is. You can just never know when you will need it.

I grew up in a real bad area of a small town and learned early on that if our house was to be broken into, it would be on or near Christmas. Happened 5 years in a row. After the first year of it happening, mom started keeping all the Christmas presents at my Grandparents house till early spring.

So with that in mind, I think that it would be even more prudent to carry this time of year then any other. The bad guys know all kinds of new goodies show up in a home at Christmas.

Stacey

M

·
0 Posts
hjk said:
An armed Christmas dinner is a polite Christmas dinner. This sounds like a good strategy for other family get-togethers as well.:D

Happy holidays to everyone here at the Forum:)

Yep. You never know what'll happen when you get down to the last biscuit!

·
Registered
183 Posts
My grandmother thought it a bit odd at first, now it's not even worth a comment.

I do keep it concealed and try not to sit in the wooden chair with arm rests, don't want to ding them up with the butt or jam myself in, if something unforseen happens.

Holidays are just another day, a little more special than others in certain aspects, but another day all the same.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for staying armed while in the 'spirit'.
My children are safer because folks like ya'll stay armed.
My prayer this Christmas, as it is every day, is that none of us has to use our weapon. amen

dan
(slydel0kt)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Always

Actually I carry my Fathers Colt govt model on any special occasion. A kimber pro, or Springfield the rest of the year.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Why would the fact that you are eating dinner on Christmas day change whether or not you carry? Bad guys don't take holidays and they often do take during the holidays.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The question is how much expansion would a JHP do to a fruitcake?

============================================

I've heard expansion is dramatic, but penetration is severly limited by the density of the medium :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
The color codes arent a joke! They've been used by people for over 25 years. Tell me a system of letting folks know the level of danger that exists in our society right now without them. "Oh, well, it's pretty dangerous" doesn't cut it. The color codes give you something to reference...a way to measure the level.

It sounds to me from your post that you might benefit from some training in defensive mindset!

Mus said:
Hey since its Orange does that mean we should all sling our ARs and carry an extra 30 rounder in our pockets?

These color codes are a joke man!

But seriously, yes I do carry to Christmas dinner. I carry religiously, including in church.

Merry Christmas and stay safe people.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I saw this thread and it made me laugh. This is the kind of thing the anti-gun nuts are dreaming of. Pass the gravy and the ammuntion, right? The really funny part was I had just taken my parents, sister, her two kids, and my wife out to Olive Garden for Christmas because me and my wife will be out of town. There I was, Christmas dinner with family, and packing a 1911 in a VM-2.
But Christmas day at Grandma's house, I think I will leave my CCO in my suitcase.:D

BTW, these kind of threads are the reason that the 1911forums blow away the other gun forums! You guys rock! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts