1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently ordered a pager pal holster for my 2nd job which dosn't allow weapons of any kind but is quite dangerouse, (pizza delivery, don't laugh ammo is expensive and the Army dosen't pay to well now a days.) But anyways, has anyone tried one or can you recomend a better tuckable holster? Should I send it back? Is it any good or a piece of junk?

------------------
Today is the first day of the end.

Have you hugged your loved ones today?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Look into an Alessi Ghost, probably one of the best for your purpose...

Thunderwear is also a great choice...

Moving to Holsters & Accessories...

[This message has been edited by jaydee (edited 07-16-2001).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wouldnt a fanny pak type work? It would be accessable while your driving and with the way some unzip (w/practice) you may be able to slide your strong hand right in while carrying your load in your weak. Ive seen some quick draws in IDPA matches from those rigs

Dave

------------------

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have one, I hate it. If you want one I will sell it to you for $20. Email if you want it, I have only used it 4 or 5 times.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have a small camera case that I often use for concealed carry. It can be used on a strap over the shoulder, or threaded onto my belt. It is almost like a fanny-pack designed by a gun owner. (EDIT: I should have mentioned that is is much flatter than a fanny pack, also, so you don't run into as much with it.)

As far as Thunderwear is concerned, I've never gotten up the nerve to try that arrangement. The idea of having the .45 pointing right at Mr. Wiggly makes me nervous.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

[This message has been edited by jpwright (edited 07-17-2001).]

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Pager Pal holsters conceal great, but they make you look very manly or like a sexual predator. For me, it was not comfortable at all and while the gun was concealed, my wife thought I was happy to see her.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I carry a PPK and in my Pager Pal and it works just fine. If you expect to carry a full size gun, it may not work. I have tried several tuckable holsters and the only one worth a flip is the Sparks MK2. It is expensive tho. If you are carrying a larger gun, you might try Thunderwear or the belly band from Action Direct.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought one at a gunshow. Thought it seemed like a really good holster, well that is untill I sat down with the thing on. Now it sits in the closet. You might want to try a bellyband or a fannypack type. I am now using a Uncle Mikes side-kick#3 for a S&W 38snub.

·
Registered
121 Posts
<----Has one and hates it too! You can only wear it with the pager in one position, crossdraw, and the holstered gun causes the pager to lie in an unnatural cant on your belt/waistline. I've tried it with a .38 Snubbie, a .44 Bulldog, a Keltec P-11, and my Charles Daly Compact, and its just not comfortable. I carry mostly using the Thunderwear Holster but for the Charles Daly, use a Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket.

[This message has been edited by 10EC (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
No one I know who bought the Pager Pal likes the thing. As per the above, most just sit it in their closet. I'd strongly recommend a fanny pack holster. I use one when jogging, hiking, out at the beach or just around town on the weekends. Great for the hot weather here in Austin. Otherwise, I'll carry my Seecamp or Guardian in a pocket holster if wearing jeans. I also had a fanny pack custom configured for a three inch combat fixed blade, in case I'm jogging on a particularly hot day and I don't want the weight of a handgun, but will carry an edged weapon instead.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Airborne420: Can you give any feedback on the Pager Pal so far? I also have a PPK and am looking for a good concealment holster. I looked at the Thunderwear, but not sure I want to strap another belt around my waist.

Dep

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DeputyRet said:
Airborne420: Can you give any feedback on the Pager Pal so far? I also have a PPK and am looking for a good concealment holster. I looked at the Thunderwear, but not sure I want to strap another belt around my waist.

Dep

Ya, it's rap with a c.

·
Registered
220 Posts
airborne420 said:
Ya, it's rap with a c.
Dang!!!...sorry to hear that. I don't care for fanny packs and I don't think they make a wallet holster for the PPK. Oh well....the search goes on. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
As both the owner of a pager pal and a former pizza delivery guy I would recommend against the pager pal. I bought one at the advise of my CCW instructor. It seems to me that you would take a bullet in the chest before you can get the holster out of your pants and the gun out of the holster.

I would recommend a nice quality pocket holster. As a former driver I carried my Taurus 85 38 snubby in my right pocket in a holster. It would be normal for you to reach into your front pants pocket for the money if you were to be robbed and not down the front of your pants. A good holster like Bulman or several others will allow you to keep the gun hidden and still give you that piece of mind. If you dont have a small frame gun...get one. If you dont carry when you need it most, what's the point of carrying at all. I always make it a point to change my carry gun to match my way of dress.

M

·
0 Posts
No matter how many times people ask the question, the answer is alway heavily tilted towards the negative.

Now in defense (very little defense) it is a deep cover holster. That considered, speed will be sacrificed.

I would think a good belly band would work much better. I wore Belly Band under a Tux on Saturday. Positioned the gun just behind my right hip and down just like it was an IWB holster. Very concealed and comfy. Even had an extra mag on the left.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes butt

MarkW said:
No matter how many times people ask the question, the answer is alway heavily tilted towards the negative.

Now in defense (very little defense) it is a deep cover holster. That considered, speed will be sacrificed.

I would think a good belly band would work much better. I wore Belly Band under a Tux on Saturday. Positioned the gun just behind my right hip and down just like it was an IWB holster. Very concealed and comfy. Even had an extra mag on the left.
And I didn't misspell butt ;)

Some of us are too generously endowed in the butt and gut. That's what stopped me from the Thunderwear. Nothing I wear around my waist seems to stay up. And yes, I am on a constant diet :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts