1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pan lubing cast bullets sucks , what type of luber-sizer are you casters using to lube your bullets?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes Pan lubing sucks, wile the Lyman is affordable and kinda works, Lymans QC has gone down hill quite a bit. I will be ordering a Star as soon as funds allow.

·
Premium Member
6,108 Posts
Pan lubing cast bullets sucks , what type of luber-sizer are you casters using to lube your bullets?

Pan lubing is a royal pain in the patoot! Only time I ever did that was when I couldn't find a sizing die in the proper diameter.

The old Lyman Lubrisizer is an excellent tool if you can find one. I bought mine (back in the 70's) from an old gent who was getting rid of his gear because he couldn't shoot any more, and it was likely as old as he was. I'd look for them now on places like E-bay and Gunbroker.

If you buy a newer model, make sure they have sizing dies of the correct diameter for what you need, or you're just wasting money.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Pan lubing is the only thing that sucks more than tumble lubing. Get yourself a decent lubri-sizer and be done with it! (heated RCBS L-A-M II here)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Too funny. I pan lubed probably 300 boolits today. I don't mind, but then the only thing I pan lube are heavy 44 mag and 45/70 boolits, which aren't high volume so I only do a couple hundred every other month.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
My Lyman 45 been pumping them out since early 50's & still going strong check gun shows & E Bay although you will likely pay more for it than i did!!!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Have been tumble lubing for years if done right its a time saver and when used sparingly dries in twenty four hours. Good luck it will cost you about $5 to try Lee Alox .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts