1911Forum banner

Para 10-45 "Best Small Semi Auto"

1757 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  UdontnoME
10 rds in a small, light, reliable package. This is the reason I went for a Para 10-45. I have a Springfield full size MilSpec which I carry sometimes "in the field." But the Para 10-45 is the way to go for concealed carry.

I can't understand why there is not more discussion here about this amazing little carry gun.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
27,275 Posts
How many rounds have you got through that Para? Have you shot an IDPA match with it yet? Just wondering about it's performance.

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, well, about 500 rds of mixed ammo. +P, reloads, lead bullets, jacketed, generic, Federal, not so much as a burp. I don't shoot IDPA or IPSC. This is one of my carry guns.

I carry +P 185 gr. Rem. JHP's in it. Feed fine, rated 1162fps in 5" bbl. per Hodgdon Data Manual.

If I need more firepower, I have a scoped AR and a short barreled 12 gauge, for starters.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

[This message has been edited by Genghis (edited 08-21-2001).]

· Registered
71 Posts
My P10 was the only problematic Para I have owned.

That little pistol doesn't offer me enough of a grip on it. I got nose dive jams from limp wristing it. Even after I put the Pearce extension grip on the pistol, I'd occassionally get the same thing.

My girl friend at the time had no problems with the P10 at all.

It really isn't much small then the P12, but I do miss that little pistol!

Derek

· Banned
1,225 Posts
i had one, my only real problem was the slide stop would pop up and lock slide open in the middle of a mag. Also, grip too short, made it seem fat, the p12 is a better gun IMHO. I sold mine and bought an XS Colt Defender and have NEVER regreted doing so. I love Para guns, and still have my P14, and still wish I had my P12. I spent over 1000 bucks on upgrades on the P10, looked great, worked great, but I will never want another one. I would however take another 100 or so XS Defenders, and even a couple of P12's. Glad you love yours!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.