1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently called Para about an extractor problems I was having with my Para 16-40. It seems that the spring inside of the extractor plunger may have got weak. I told the tech support that I had a Para 16-40 and got them send me another one but the new one was too long and thicker.

Are there two different models of the Para PXT for the 16-40 now?

How do I get the correct one?

·
Registered
812 Posts
jwhitt said:
Are there two different models of the Para PXT for the 16-40 now?
As far as I know, no.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The PXT spring is fairly coarsely wound. Putting a new spring in makes getting the claw on a bit of a chore. Are you sure it's not the right one after all? How much longer is it? Is it the right diameter to fit down in the extractor spring tube?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stevehof said:
The PXT spring is fairly coarsely wound. Putting a new spring in makes getting the claw on a bit of a chore. Are you sure it's not the right one after all? How much longer is it? Is it the right diameter to fit down in the extractor spring tube?
No. Its about 1/4 as large and twice the length.

Thats why I thought the Para must be making a new one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The large spring is what Para sent to me. The smaller one is what came with the pistol.

Para PXT spring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts