1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a nice Para .40 cal 1911 at a recent gunshow. It was all stock, matte blu finish, appeared to be excellent condition. Had 2 mags and original box, papers etc. Seller was asking $900 Canadian (around $585 US). Took the sellers info to call later. Have never owned a Para (have 3 Colt 1911's) The wide grip didn't seem too cumbersome, so I am thinking that maybe I should pick this one up. Any thoughts as to the asking price? Or should I just give him full price? Regards, NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Which Para .40 cal was it? The 16.40 is a great IPSC gun. Anyways, the price seems pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I don't want to price another mans gun however I will say the price does not sound to bad to me. I agree with Newton I've been shooting P-16s in competition and I love mine. I hope to have a picture of my Limited gun on the web site before long.
Regards, Bob Hunter www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
838 Posts
Was this 16.40 a P-series or Limited?

I don't work for these guys, can't even say I'm a satisfied customer since I have never bought stuff from them. But I came across this site:
http://www.gunsupermarket.com/product.cfm?ProductID=99

They are listing the P16.40 for Cdn$820, and S16.40ER at Cdn$1049.

FWIW gunsupermarket.com is run by the same 2 guys who owns, gunscanada.com.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
If it's any help: I bought a new stainless P1640 LDA LTD and the retail price was about $950 (US) and I got it for $825 (US) over the internet.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I did not handle this one (as it was in a display case) it was just a regular P16 .40 cal. Hey, do they have an ambi safety? (I am a southpaw)

n2299 - $900 Canadian isn't too bad if they are selling them for $820 new (seeing how with shipping and our stupid 14% tax, I be around $950 then anyway for the same thing!)

There's another gunshow on Jan 20, so maybe it will still be forsale then. (And the guy might be motivated 'cause his credid card bills from Christmas will be coming in !)

Regards, NAA.

------------------

·
Registered
838 Posts
NAA,

FWIW normal shipping is around Cdn$30, and if you order from gunsupermarket, you would only have to pay GST since they are base in Ont.

Good luck at the Jan 20 gunshow!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
n2299 - yeah, I guess you are right on there with your calculations regarding the tax. Still would be over $900 Canadian to get a new one to my door. Maybe this guy will take $800 or ??? We'll see...

I dunno, it'll be odd to shoot the .40 cal in something other than my Glock! (And not shoot a .45 on a 1911!)

NAA

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts