1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked my Para up today and was going to take it down to clean all that oil off of it. But how does this thing come apart not like a usual 1911. From what I was told Loosen the guide rod (allen wrench) then take out slide stop then remove slide then take guide rod rest of the way out, then recoil spring, then bushing, then barrel? Does this sound right. Usually Plug then Barrel bushing comes off first but not in this case?

Thanks

------------------
shooter.batcave.net

[This message has been edited by shooter45 (edited 12-03-2001).]

·
Registered
364 Posts
The recoil spring plug is reverse installed. You can take the guide rod all the way out with the slide still on the frame.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a question on the C7.45. They tell you upon reassembly, to have the barrell link forward when you reinstall the slide. Why? You can't replace the lock pin unless the link is down. I have reinstalled this link in the down position, which is much easier, and have had no problems. Why does Para want it "forward"? Emailing Para has not produced an adequate answer.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The forward thing is to prevent any trapping of either the link or recoil spring assy in the dust cover I think. And maybe also to keep the spring guide (back plate thingy) from getting crooked.
That's my opinion anyways.

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts