1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone has one and how they like it. I checked out the Compact one 3.5" Barrel 7 round mag, SS . The trigger pull was unbelivable for Double action very light. I am seriously thinking about getting one. And wanted some opinions. My dealer is holding it for me.

Thanks

------------------
shooter.batcave.net

·
Registered
305 Posts
Go directly back to that dealer and BUY IT.

I have one, and it's my current fav. FLGR (1 piece), ramped, polished, bull barrel, flared ejection port, extended safety, beveled mag well - all stock on a $650 gun.

I have found that, like other things, you tend to hear more bad press about Paras than good press. Those of us that are thrilled with our guns are too busy shooting them to write glowing reviews, I guess. Meanwhile, the few posts that are written tend to be from the 1% of owners that get a lemon. ALL gun manufacturers make lemons. All I can say is that I'm happy with mine. (It *is* a little heavy, but only if you compare it to a Glock. And this isn't really a shortcoming of the gun itself.)

Good luck, but get back there and buy it before someone beats you to it!

-- PG

------------------
Para Ordnance + Glock = Perfection^2
"An armed society is a polite society"

·
Registered
305 Posts
Oops: Forgot a point: The C7.45 is not "compact", but neither is your description. :)

The C7.45 ("Para Companion") is an Officer's sized weapon, 3.5" barrel, with a 7 round Wilson-type mag. It was originally sold as a "6.45 LDA", and came with a standard 6 round Officers mag.

This is not to be confused with the "6.45 LLDA", which is a compact, 3" barrel, "Defender" sized weapon. Based on the takedown instructions in the owners manual, they made some concessions to size in the LLDA. Looks like its considerable more difficult to field strip for standard cleaning, etc. It's a tiny gun, though. They are also in the midst of renaming this weapon to the "C6.45 LDA", just to further confuse the innocent.

Good luck,

-- PG

------------------

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going to be purchasing my first handgun soon, and have decided to go with a 1911 "sytle" for my first purchase. I've narrowed the field to a Kimber , either a Compact or Pro, OR the Para C7.45. One reason for the LDA as a first handgun is its carry configuration (UN cocked and locked), and size. Not that I'm afraid of the cocked and locked thing, but it is a consideration. What do you C7.45 owners think of the gun as a first handgun purchase? Also, how would you compare its reliability to a Kimber?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Can't compare to Kimber 'cause I don't own one. Put it this way: There are at least as many angry Kimber owners complaining about their guns on this board as there are angry Para owners. :) (See my previous comments about positive vs. negative commnets.)

I own a 70 series Colt Commander as well. I never could get comfortable with cocked and locked, for some reason. Odd, since I carry a Glock and am not uncomfortable with it.

The LDA would make a fine first weapon. You don't need to learn to transition from DA to SA pull weights, which does take some training. The manual safety gives you that much more level of confidence.

Parts are plentiful, many 1911 parts drop right in (my Commander's extended slide release, for one). The grips are very thin, and it conceals very well.

Good luck,

-- PG

------------------

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to hear you got the C7.45. I also was looking at the Kimber, comparing it to the C7.45. The kimber was definately lighter, about 8 ozs.+. But the Kimber had an aluminum frame. The C7.45 is SS. I plan on shooting a lot and felt that the C7.45 would hold up better in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts