1911Forum banner

Para Customer Service Help

1334 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  dradw
Do any of you specific people that you have successfully dealt with in Para customer service who you could recommend contacting?

I have been having magazine problems with my P-13. When I called customer service they requested that I send them in for repair/replacement...ok, easy enough.

Well over a month goes by and no response from Para (no calls, email, etc.) ...and no returned magazines. So today I gave them a call and apparently my mags have been sitting untouched for over a month.

Once I got them to actually look at the mags, the first thing I got were a bunch of excuses (before they even read the detailed letter I provided describing the problem)....the springs look weak (of course, we can replace them for you @ $7 each)...the crack in the weld seam is not really a crack, it's supposed to be like that, there is rust in the mags (of course, aftery lying around who knows where for the last month).

Anyway, I could go on, but the overall impression from the discussion is that they really weren't interested in understanding and fixing my problem, so much as they were trying to find excuses.

I am hoping to find a higher level contact in their customer service organization, who is actually interested in making the customer happy.

I have been a Para owner since they first introduced their frame kits (I have one from the first production run) and probably have 6 Para's now. It would be just nice if I could talk with someone who is interested in keeping a long term customer happy.

If any of you have a name and phone number for a good contact, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your help!!!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Para-Ordnance factory and design office is in Toronto, Canada....Their importer to the US (and customer service center) is located in TN....just trying to figure out where George is relative to the folks I had been talking to.

· Registered
1,572 Posts
Para has horrible mag springs. TN and others will tell you nothing wrong with springs. Yet 99% of people that go to wolff springs, their problems go away. They did an excellent job in TN at fixing my pistol but the mags weren't the issue. Mine needed a lot of other work.

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
michael t said:
Para has horrible mag springs. TN and others will tell you nothing wrong with springs. Yet 99% of people that go to wolff springs, their problems go away. They did an excellent job in TN at fixing my pistol but the mags weren't the issue. Mine needed a lot of other work.
In this case it's not springs (Had good springs in them)...it's a dimensional issue with the feed lip opening.

They were supposed to "fix" them for me this week, so I'll wait to see what happens....

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JCM298 said:
buggsb,

He works in Canada but he ordered that the TN facility send me magazines for my Carry 12. He gets things done,

John
Thanks, George was nice enought to send me an email with his telephone and email contact information. It was a crazy week and I had no time to call, but I'll wait a couple more days to see the results and decide if I need to give George a call to ask for help....

Thanks for your input!!

· Registered
4 Posts
When I sent my C6 in for service, they sent me brand new re-designed mags!!! The new mags feel like high-grade aftermarket springs and a really nice follower to boot. Nothing at all like the original mushy mags that came with the pistol.

· Banned
2,923 Posts
George and Para will make it right. Sometimes things go wrong and there is no explaning it. Happended to me enough times over my career in Banking. You just have a couple of more hairs go grey and carry on.

Stay Safe

· Registered
425 Posts
I was having some problems with my 7.45 after I changed the ejector. I think the different ejector screwed with the LDA trigger bar since The trigger system started to malfunction and I couldn't pull the trigger.

I sent it to Para on Monday and on Friday they called me back to tell me the pistol was fixed. They put all new internals in the receiver and are shipping it back to me today. The only charge was for return shipping and I felt they could have charged me since I I probably screwed the gun up myself.

I was surprised to hear that I would be getting it back so fast.

· Registered
1,572 Posts
I have traded my Para for a different pistol. Thats what we do right trade around. Anyway I will always remember the good service I recived from the service center and for that reason alone. I will keep Para on my like to own list. :rock:

· Registered
273 Posts
Para Customer Service

Speak to George Wedge, He's really OK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.