1911Forum banner

Para Elite Pro or Desert Eagle 1911G

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  dakota1911 
#1 · (Edited)
Para Elite Pro or Desert Eagle 1911G or Ruger SR1911

Looking at getting back into 1911s. $700 is about what I'm willing to drop. The DE 1911G gets some good reviews (less the rollmark) and I know PARA is now basically DOA. I can get either of these locally for $699. I know the Para elite Pro is normally more expensive but it's on close out.

The DE has a nice trigger and great fit and finish and by all accounts shoots great.

I can't find much on the Para Elite Pro. It has a lot of bells and whistles
Out of the box that I like such as ambi safety and trijicon nite sites and VZ grips and flared magwell.

So now what? Take a chance on the Para or go with the DE.

My third choice is a the Ruger SR1911. Lots to like about it minus the Ruger warning labels all over it. I doubt Ruger is going belly up anytime soon so warranty should be GTG if any issues creep up.

What would you do?

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm on my second Para in the last year and both have had issues. Para could not fix the first Expert due to lack of ability and time so they bought it back. Suckered myself into a Pro Custom thinking lighting could never strike twice and 400 rounds later it needs a new safety fitted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.