1911Forum banner

Para expert stainless got 1st place in shooting times february 2014 issue

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  k9guy 
#1 ·
The new shooting times has an article titled 1911 shootout featuring "affordable" 1911 pistols from Ruger, Desert Eagle, ATI, Auto Ordnance, Taurus, and Springfield and Para! The shootout ranks each pistol in several categories and the Para wins. I'm even more pleased with my Para after reading that.

#4 ·
I really don't care either.. I just thought it was cool. I was pleased with my purchase more because there were more expensive guns featured in the article and the Para still came out on top. Don't know whether or not Para paid Shooting Times to get the win, I just liked the article and thought I'd share. :D

#6 ·
I got the magazine today. Looks like the fiber optic sight made the difference in the end but the Para looks to have outshot the others too. The Para was compared to 6 other 1911's. I don't tend to hold a lot of credence to gun mag reviews either, most of the big name writers have never reviewed a "bad" gun. But, I'm pleased and am recommending the LS Hunter. Great job Para!

#8 ·
Ilfarmer nailed it, it's good pr for para. Under appreciated manufacturer IMO. Id bet para would win in a lot of different classes not just the inexpensive class I don't see any pistols in the 1100 range that can compete with a BO. Likewise for an executive carry.

#10 ·
Finally got the latest issue. Was a little suprised at the Ati's performance. They have a pretty good rep. I was looking at all of the ones in the article before I bought my Expert and I almost went with the Ruger. I'm pretty sure if someone chose any of the top 3 or 4 they have listed they'd be happy with the purchase. It is a feather in Para's cap though that they managed to edge out the top players in the price range. Great work Para!
-Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.