1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...I currently have a para recon slide assembly which I mated with a steel single stack frame from sarco. I am looking to cerakote the frame to color match the ion bond color of the factory slide...anybody here know what shade of cerakote would be the best match? I sure as hell know its not armor black because that is way too black and I definitely dont want to offset this project with a burnt bronze / ion bond look...

I have only used cerakote service twice in my life and thats burnt bronze on my AR and armor black on my aluminum 1911 frame mated with a black ops slide...the world.of cerakote is vast and I barely got my big toe wet...

all input is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If you do it yourself, it is almost impossible to match. If you want it to be perfect, you will probably have to do both.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
My Executive Carry came from the factory with an IonBond slide and and black anodized frame. They don't exactly match when the surface of the gun is oil free, with the IonBond slide not as black looking as the frame, more like a dark gray. If I wipe an oily cloth over the entire gun, the blacks are really close.

Personally, the difference doesn't bother me. If I wanted to match the slide and frame, I think I'd cerakote the frame dark grey for the best match. Also, did you contact Cerakote and ask them this question? Additionally, I'd ask this question in the gun smithing sub forum since many 'smiths cerakote guns for customers, too.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts