1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that para no longer sold the striped frames to build on?? Is this true??

any help would be great.

Thanks
monty

·
Registered
69 Posts
They're still shown on the web site. I always purchased mine through Gil Hebbard Guns. Sometimes they have to order them, but they should be able to tell you if they are available.

GHG - 309-289-2700

Phone hours 8am-12 pm CST, M-F

Marvin

·
Registered
69 Posts
i've been dreaming about one of these. don't have anything hi-cap, but dreaming about building something on one of these frames. never had a para, so what's the deal? is everything inside standard dimensions, like singlestacks? cdnn has those nice colt slides w/sights for $190 at your door, and one of these frames, you could have a nice limited gun pretty cheap. at least that's my idea(being cheap, that is!). mags are pretty available, but i've heard some horror stories, seen some too, about feeding problems. are the frames cut for ramped barrels, or can you use standard ones? boy, i gotta alot of questions..........:confused:

·
Registered
371 Posts
David,

The frames are set up for a Colt style barrel. Standard Colt stuff will work on the inside. They are also cut for a .250" grip safety and the frame rails are slightly oversized. The last time I bought a Colt slide it cost me $225.00 + shipping. That CDNN price isn't too bad.

G

·
Registered
69 Posts
just watch those slides before you start workin' on em'. the first one i got was crap, probably a second. the locking lugs were badly rounded, probably a return, reblue job by colt, then cdnn bought a bunch of them. but they returned it, and the second one was right on. others told me that they had problems with the series 70 "competition" model slide too, so......... gotta check into those para frames some more. can you buy them direct from the factory or distributor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts