1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing reference to using Para Ordnance mags in the Kimber Polymer by replacing the mag catch. Am I correct to assume that it's the P14 hicaps? Do they fit flush? Any problems? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
meb1

I do not believe you can use any ParaOrdnance magazines in the Kimber Polymer. The magazine catch is just part of the reason. Another reason is the frame design is different so the magazine shape is also different in addition to the location of the magazine catch and notch.

The reason of this is the Kimber, and Wilson, Polymer are made in Israel by IMI (I think IMI is the company). The Kimber/Wilson pistols are the same as the IMI BUL pistol. So your options for magazines are buy from Kimber, or Wilson, or from someone that has magazines for the BUL frame.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Kimber polymer is NOT the same as the Wilson hicap pistol. The Kimber pistol uses the same frame as the Bul pistol, which uses a 14 round magazine. The highest capacity magazine available for the Wilson is 10 rounds. You can see the difference if you look at the frames.

Wilson KZ-45

Kimber Polymer

There is a company in South Africa that sells a magazine release that will allow Kimber/Bul polymer pistols to use Para-Ordnance magazines. Rescomp Handgun Technologies. I don't know how long it would take to ship to the US or if they have them in stock but they list their prices in US dollars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts