1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me how this works? If I buy a new Para double stack, I will get a coupon for two new standard mags. With the standard capacity mag ban, how is this possible? I can't stand reduced capacity mags so I hope this is true.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It was true for me a year and a half ago when I bought my Para. Had to send more or less $100 to cover them. I assume they are pre-ban mags.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can Buy all the full cap mags you want. They just can't manufacture anymore. Para is just selling off the ones they made before the ban. All the manufacturers shut down everything else and made mags before the ban took effect.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Originally posted by Recon:
You can Buy all the full cap mags you want. They just can't manufacture anymore. Para is just selling off the ones they made before the ban. All the manufacturers shut down everything else and made mags before the ban took effect.
I hope you don't take offense to my comments...

But does anyone know for SURE that Para is no longer manufacturing full cap mags?

I mean since they are a Canadian company, I don't think there's any law here that prohibits them from making high caps. We, lowly citizens, just can't own them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
They are still making post ban hi cap mags but they just cannot export it here in the states. From what I understood, they made mags 24/7 prior to the ban.

·
Registered
645 Posts
One sends in the coupon from a new Para box and a MO in the amount of $99 and you will receive two new high cap Para factory mags in about six weeks. It's a good deal. Until a year ago the new guns came with a high cap mag stuffed in them. But now the new Paras come with a 10 round Barney mag.

More new mags can be purchased for $75 from;
www.ltms.com

spare mag tubes are $40.

I prefer Wolff mag springs in Paras. The factory followers are best. If you try extended mag bases, the Dawson product is excellent. The Para factory mag bases are good quality, too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
n2299.....Since Para has a lot of Law Enforcement Customers, I'm sure that they do continue to supply them with High Cap Mags, but they are specifically identified "Federal and Law Enforcement Use Only". Para, as is the same with any Pistol Manufacturer in North America (yes, Canada is in North America)
, are subject to yearly inspections by Govt. Regulartory Body, and they would be in a lot of trouble if they were found to be building High Cap Mags for the general population.
And BTW, High Cap Mags are also illegal in Canada.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Originally posted by Newton:
n2299.....Since Para has a lot of Law Enforcement Customers, I'm sure that they do continue to supply them with High Cap Mags, but they are specifically identified "Federal and Law Enforcement Use Only". Para, as is the same with any Pistol Manufacturer in North America (yes, Canada is in North America)
, are subject to yearly inspections by Govt. Regulartory Body, and they would be in a lot of trouble if they were found to be building High Cap Mags for the general population.
Newton.. so the mags that they are redeeming/selling with the coupons for our "Southern" friends are mags they manufactured before the high cap ban came into effect?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So my coupon entitles me to some preban mags that ParaOrd worked their ass off to make, aye? That makes more sense. But I still have to pay for them..hell my dealer has four 16rd P-16 mags in stock so why bother with Canada unless I am missing something. I thought I read in another post though that P-16 mags were going to go Stainless or Nickel plated???

·
Registered
645 Posts
The new Para mags available for sale are of pre-ban manufacture, legal to purchase and own. They are becoming hard to find. The coupon mags are of pre-ban manufacture, too, and legal to own in the US. The coupon mags are shipped to the end user from within the US.

Also, Canadians may posess a high cap tube mag but it must have a plug installed to limit capacity to 10 rounds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts