1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 15 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Neither for IPSC. Go for a Para P16-40 Limited. You can go with hicaps 20 rounds with Dawson's basepads or shoot it in Limited 10. 40's are easier to shoot even at the same powerfactor. Even shooting in Limited 10, I would still stick with a double stack because it's easier to make mag changes when you have a nice big magwell.

But if price is not a factor, go with a custom SVI.

· Registered
375 Posts
BTW, with my Para, many parts were replaced when it was new. I installed a S&A magwell, and all the trigger parts were replaced with Ed Brown parts (sear, hammer, disconnect, safety). The stock parts are really badly made.

· Registered
375 Posts
No STI's in California wither, not until the Edge gets approved. SVI's are actually better.

Para mags supposely work BETTER with stock follower and springs. That's what Dawson Precision has been saying all along. Even though they sell Arredondo followers and springs, from their experience, the most reliable set up with their extended basepads is to use stock followers and springs. They build the guns for Todd Jarrett, so they know what they are doing.

1 - 3 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.