1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new P-14 and was wondering if there is a beavertail grip safety available that doesn't require machine work to install? My P-14 didn't come with a beavertail. Is the beavertail from the P-14 Limited a direct fit to the standard P-14?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might try Wilson Combat. I replaced the grip safety on my P13 with one of theirs and it works great. No machine work required on that particular model. Make sure it states no machine work required as they sell several designs.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAX CAUBLE said:
You might try Wilson Combat. I replaced the grip safety on my P13 with one of theirs and it works great. No machine work required on that particular model. Make sure it states no machine work required as they sell several designs.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase yours from, and would you happen to have a part number? I went to the Wilson Combat web-site, but it wasn't very informative on what I was looking for.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
or Brownells

"Trade" price is under $25 and they ship the same day you order if the part is in stock.

This is the beavertail on my '67 Colt's Commander, Absolutely no modifications needed for my installation.

I never felt the need for this grip safety on full sized M1911s, including the P14-45. The little stubby grip safety on the Commander, however, needs one if you shoot it a lot. The safety tang, not the hammer used to bite me something awful.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks shane45, I neglected to mention that I had a "smith" fine tune and adjust the grip safety for me. By no machine work I meant that no metal had to be removed from the frame of the pistol.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts