1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a P-12 some time ago and sold it. I am sure of the answer I will get here, but are the Para's still a good weapon? Has the quality gotten better that past 5-7 years? Do you still get a hicap coupon with the Para's?

As far as out of the box shooters, do most people still have a lot of custom work done?

Thanks,

77Bronc

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got a P14-45 Limited last year and a C745 a few months before that. Both have been totally reliable out of the box and have not needed any custom work or any visits to the factory. I can't comment on improvement in quality over the last 5 years, but I am satisfied with the quality of the ones I have. The 14-45 came with a coupon for 2 standard capacity mags, which I bought for the $99 price and they have been perfect. By the way, I like the LDA trigger but I still prefer the SA trigger, which is very good in my 14-45 Limited. Good luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I too have a P14 Ltd., in addition to a 12.45 LDA. I haven't had so much as one failure in the LDA, and had two FTFs with the P14 during the first 200 rounds. Nothing but flawless performance since.

I couldn't ask for better performance from a 1911, or any other semi-auto pistol.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was never aware of any earlier product problems. I have a 13.45 that my wife bought me about 6 years ago.

The only problem I've ever had with it was an ejector that broke off at the little frame pin that holds it to the gun.

I could have just missed all the hub-bub about the early para's since I just found this forum recently.

I love my para

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Both my P13's are runnin' strong after 10,000 rds. through each of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts