1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in Springfield forum as well. I have an older Springfield milspec with NM ser number which I carry. Saw a Para P13 in a gunshop which I lile better due to commander sized frame. Is springfield better quality or should I sell it and buy P13 for $600. Your thoughts on this will be appreciated.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I guess it would depend on if you like the feel of the wide grip. The ideal choice would be to keep the SA, and buy the PO, but that would depend on your funds. Keep us informed on what you do.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have several 1911-style pistols. My Para Ordnance P13 is my LEAST favorite. It's reasonably reliable, however I can't get it to group well enough to suit me. YMMV.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Catbird, if your P13 is stock, you might consider replacing the cheap nickel-plated barrel bushing that Para uses. A fitted NM bushing should tighten up those groups very well.

I've got a P13 Ltd that I'm very pleased with, but I had Bob Hunter give it a once over, so it is definitely not a stock gun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Changing the bushing on my older (used) Para P13 (and the link) dramatically improved it's POI and grouping.

I used the EGW angled bushing from Brownell's. It required a little filing of the thickness of the lug so it would turn in the slide but the barrel fit right in (tightly). Very happy.

I love the gun. Fits my hand like a glove and the security of having 13 rds of 45 on your hip is hard to beat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts