1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to this forum, I need some advice for parts on my Para P16-40. I want to upgrade the trigger, but there doesn't seem to be as much out there as there is for double stacks as there is for single stacks.

I am looking for a skeletonized lightweight good qaulity trigger for the Para P16, so far the only thing I can come up with that fits most of the criteria, it is lightweight, and seems to be good qaulity but it is not skeletonized, it is a titanium/magnesium trigger, but I'd prefer the skeletonized look, anybody have any good suggestions on a good trigger? Thanks

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Check Brownell's. They have a lightweight three hole trigger for Para's made by Gun Craft. Cost is $25.00 to $30.00 and they show them in stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that a decent qaulity trigger, I am new to firarms and among the popular names, I haven't heard of gun craft (not to say they arn't good, just that I don't know if they are). I personally like the STI style the best, but the three hole style takes a close second.

on another note, is it possible to take a good trigger for a Para, and put a different shoe on it?? has anybody done this?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
is that a decent qaulity trigger, I am new to firarms and among the popular names, I haven't heard of gun craft (not to say they arn't good, just that I don't know if they are). I personally like the STI style the best, but the three hole style takes a close second.

on another note, is it possible to take a good trigger for a Para, and put a different shoe on it?? has anybody done this?
I have one STI trigger left for the Para double stack guns.
It was spoken for but the deal never materialized.
If you are interested you can e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at (816) 284-0545.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you don't like a solid trigger, try EGW, they make a nice flat faced trigger with an E cutout in it.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Bob Hunter is great to deal with.

I purshased 2 Para STI triggers from him a few years back.

FYI, STI does not make triggers for Paras anymore, you are getting the last of a dying breed.
Thanks for the kind words davidalyn.
It's true STI is no longer making these triggers, however I came across a small amout of them so I now have some in stock.
The STI triggers are the best I've ever used in the Para double stack guns.
Anyone that may be interested in one feel free to contact me.
Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does Dlask still make Para wide-body triggers? I used a Guncraft trigger in my P13 and I was happy with it. Minor fitting required, no wiggle, slop, or drag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts