1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be possible to create a new race gun in 38 Super by using a 1640 Ltd SS frame and parts along with the 9mm slide and new barrel w/ comp and other toys to be added. Please let me know if this combination is possible. Thanks in advance.

Also how hard would it be to have a gunsmith finish the top of my 1640 Ltd SS to the brushed look like the sides of the slide?

[This message has been edited by JD McCutchen (edited 06-28-2001).]

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Hello JD,
Yes it would be possible to build a 38 super from a P16 along with changing the complete top end you would also need to change the ejector. You might find it cheaper to build a super from a Para P-18.
As for your question on the finish are you talking about the top of the slide?
I just finished a new limited class P-16 all stainless gun and I done the complete slide in a satin finish. I hope to have some pictures of it up on our web site before long.
Regards, Bob Hunter www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The answer I'm hoping for is that if I make a 38 super that I can use my existing 1640 hi-cap mags or I that I can still buy existing hi-caps. It would really stink to make such a tricked out gun and then find out that there are only ten rounders available since the Para 9mm was made after the "ban". Also since reading the article from the ATF about making magazines all I need is one piece from an original hi-cap whether it be the follower or even the base pad, in order to "repair" the magazine, albeit to 9mm instead of 40? Thanks again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts