1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my next 1911 today to add to my collection.
A Para SS expert.
After reading the reviews here and knowing the Para rep views this forum it was a logical choice.
I should have it next Thursday.
I will also be taking advantage of the special offer from Para USA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just got home with my new para expert ss, field stripped, cleaned and greased.
Finish and over all this gun is excellent. I will be taking it to the range on Saturday to see now it functions.

Rebate will be mailed in tomorrow morning.

I must say I am very impressed so far and it was made in the USA :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up my SS Expert last thursday and I am in love with it..albeit my first 1911. I ran 50 rounds through it and I can say this thing runs so smooth and flawless. I am really looking forward to spending more time with it.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Just got home with my new para expert ss, field stripped, cleaned and greased.
Finish and over all this gun is excellent. I will be taking it to the range on Saturday to see now it functions.

Rebate will be mailed in tomorrow morning.

I must say I am very impressed so far and it was made in the USA :)
Congrats on that gun! I am getting interested in that same model, just don't know if it is California legal

Kindly, expound on the following: slide/frame fit, quality of trigger pull out of the box, fitting of parts most notably the grip safety & thumb safety.

If you had the chance to do a detail take-down, I am also interested in the interphase of the sear on the hammer ledge, and the quality of machining of the frame internals.

Sorry I have to enumerate so many things, but I am OCD when it comes to my 1911s. Been burned several times before, learned my lesson the hard way.

Cheers, and enjoy your new gun.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked mine up on Thursday and I love it. To me it feels pretty tight the only thing that seems a little loose in the thumb safety. You can wiggle it side to side some. The frame rails are nice and tight no slop side to side. Trigger is much better than any trigger I have used. I am considering having the pieces polished to refine the pull a bit. I am very impressed with the SS Expert.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats on that gun! I am getting interested in that same model, just don't know if it is California legal

Kindly, expound on the following: slide/frame fit, quality of trigger pull out of the box, fitting of parts most notably the grip safety & thumb safety.

If you had the chance to do a detail take-down, I am also interested in the interphase of the sear on the hammer ledge, and the quality of machining of the frame internals.

Sorry I have to enumerate so many things, but I am OCD when it comes to my 1911s. Been burned several times before, learned my lesson the hard way.

Cheers, and enjoy your new gun.:)
You might find this very detailed review of interest.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=431583

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The review SCM64 posted is very actuate. The only parts that I will replace is the recoil spring. It is very lose on the guide rod. I will also replace the mainspring housing and the grips (I just don't like plastic), this is just me.

I took the gun to the range today with a mixed bag of 150 rounds of 230 gr fmj ammo. Loaded up different brands of magazines including the mags that came with the gun and had ZERO malfunctions. I did have to move the rear sight a little to line it up and then it was dead on. At 10 yards I was grouping 1.5 inch groups. I didn't have my camera with me so this could be a rumor. ;)
For me this is an excellent pistol and I still cannot believe I got it for $600.00 out the door. I am going to ask Santa for the black version for Christmas :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
^ glad the video was helpful, but I just posted the link. Props to user Crideout for such a great review. He also posted a good Range review of his impressions of the Expert during/after a day at the range.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought mine from a Slickguns deal for $499.99 on Tuesday, picked it up Saturday. Won't get to shoot it until this week. Really like it so far. It has one minor issue. The thumb safety coating seems to have either worn off or wasn't coated very well on the bottom edges and the front of the portion where your thumb would go. I guess I'll contact Para about that on Monday.

The mags also seem to need a bit of force to go past the mag release but I'm guessing that will wear in.

Finish all looks good except for one small section on the right side of the slide. You have to hold it at an angle to see it though.

I had been looking at buying an RIA with the FO front sights. Price was about the same for both. Although the RIA had VZ grips on it. What swayed me towards this was I had always wanted a stainless, this also had FO front sights and the promotional deal pretty much sealed it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my Expert SS 2 weeks ago. Slide to frame fit is excellent as is the over all machining. Everything is very tight and works perfectly. I like it better than my old Colt Commander 1991A1. Couple hunder more rounds and it will be my EDC as soon as my new OWB holster gets here. Couldn't be happier!
My wife now wants one! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts