1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a barely used Tac-Four at a local shop that I am looking at. Has 4 Hi-caps and all of the stuff. Says it has seen about 200 rounds, but is pristine. What is a fair price for this? Also, you that have them, what do you think of them? This would be my 2nd 1911. I have a Kimber as well.

Deezul

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Sporting Arms will sell you a new Tac-Four for $719 + $18 shipping + whatever your local FFL transfer fee is. Unless you're in TX there's no sales tax (8% in our area!) on top of that.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
231 Posts
Price

About six months ago I paid $750 for mine through my local dealer.....fyi. I'm very satisfied with it, and have put about 600 rds through it. I did have night sights installed by Para, and had the slide "rogaurded" at Robar. It's my "nightstand gun".

·
Registered
231 Posts
TacFour

I would think so....the 13rd mags go for $60 at CDNN.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
$675 sounds good with 4 factory high capacity magazines.

Lifetime warranty, however, is only for original purchaser (unless I misread the Para Ordnance website).

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I'm also a Para n00b. I bought my Tac Four last week and took it to the range today. I'm impressed. The 10 round mags that the pistol came with aren't working very well. The rear sight also came loose from the recoil. The pistol is very accurate and well built. I picked mine up for $709 and received a $50 rebate form for suscribing to a free membership in the Para Owners of America.

Hopefully, the 10 round Mec-Gar mags I bought will work better (I'm a big fan of Mec-Gar and own pistols that use OEM M-G mags). I've also got a pair of high-cap mags on the way that should perform better than these 'dumbed down' 10 rounders.

A guy can hope, can't he?;)

·
Banned
256 Posts
Be sure to check the mag springs in any of those mags. I bought a bunch of factory hi-caps for my P13.45 Ltd, and the springs were wimpy to put it politely. Get yourself some nice manly mag springs from Wolff. It will make a difference. ;)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll probably buy a few and keep them handy. One original mag had a spring that was bent pretty far to one side. IMHO, the mags seem pretty cheesy for being original equipment.

·
Banned
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 2 13 round mags that came with the Tac-Four and the other 2 came from CDNN. They all work just fine. The springs in the ones from CDNN are noticebly ligher as it is easier to get all 13 rounds in them. No feeding problems with any of them.

Deezul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts