1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a silly question but I was wondering if there were any manufacturers that sold replacement parts that were parkerized? It seems like anything I replace on a parkerized gun would need to be parkerized since the only replacement parts I see are stainless or blued...Is this not done because of the variance in color between parkerized guns? Just wondering if everyone just replaced parts and eventually reparkerized everything or if there was a shortcut...thanks

-Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, I just bought my first Springfield, and first .45 auto, last weekend at our local gun show. I got the Full Size parkerized model. It's beautiful and I would like to upgrade just a few things.

I have the Midway catalog and I did not see any parts that were black/parkerized. First, can we get parkerized parts. Second, if not, how do the blue parts look on a parkerized gun?

I'm also thinking of upgrading the parts using stainless, then sending the whole thing to Robar to apply their finish. Anyone have a Robar finish on their Springfield?

David.

·
Registered
63 Posts
jamesbond said:
I was wondering if there were any manufacturers that sold replacement parts that were parkerized?
Just wondering if everyone just replaced parts and eventually reparkerized everything or if there was a shortcut...thanks
-Chris
________

What parts are you wanting to replace?

___

·
Registered
881 Posts
Guncrafter Industries, the company that makes the new .50 caliber 1911 style handgun has a parkerized, checkered, flat mainspring housing that is really nice looking. It even has an integral lanyard slot. If I had not changed the one on my Champion out with a Wilson model, it would have one of these.

I have searched far and wide for parts that were parkerized, but ended up getting them from Springfield, especially the beavertail grip safety I wanted to replace the GI model on my gun. I wanted to have a gun with a few more user friendly parts like a beavertail grip safety, extended and ambedextrious thunb safety, trigger and mainspring housing, but wanted to keep the parkerized or dark look.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,133 Posts
During WWII, when the transition was being made from blued military weapons to parkerized, many M1911A1s were made with parkerized slides and frames, but blued safeties, hammers, slide stops, etc. A matte blue replacement part wouldn't match, but it wouldn't be incorrect for a military pistol, either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.