1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at brownells and I see all the factory parts for a P16 and most other paras are back ordered.

Does any one know what other manufacturer parts will fit a para P16 slide?

I'm looking to build up a spare parts kit I can take to matches so I want at least:

a firing pin and spring
a firing pin stop
Barrel bushing
Guide rod and plug

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have always been told that Para's slides were the same as any other 1911.The only difference would be if your slide had the power extractor.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The parts you mention should be compatible with any 1911. The only quirk being that the barrel bushing will have to be made specifically for a .40. The rest of the parts will work regardless of the caliber or make they were intended for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, I just received an order from Brownells and here is a list of things of 1911 parts that will fit.

----------------

Here is a list of parts I have to send back

Guide rod the end that rests on the barrel is to short
Recoil spring plug comes with the guide rod
Firing pin to long by about 20 thousandths
Barrel bushing would have to trim the end by the plug for the plug
Firing pin spring to long
Firing pin stop would have to trim it up

I could make some of these things fit but it seems to me these parts should be pretty close to drop in parts.

I hate my Para. I don't like being locked into a single manufacturers parts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am now looking for a guide rod for a Para P16 limited. Any one know of an after market ( non Para ) full length guide rod that will fir in a para??

Brownells doesn't carry that Para part.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
All of those parts are interchangable but may need some fitting. That's the nature of 1911s. You may want to look at a Glock..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts