1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at brownells and I see all the factory parts for a P16 and most other paras are back ordered.

Does any one know what other manufacturer parts will fit a para P16 slide?

I'm looking to build up a spare parts kit I can take to matches so I want at least:

a firing pin and spring
a firing pin stop
Barrel bushing
Guide rod and plug

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Those are all generic parts, any will do. I would add an extractor and recoil spring to the list. The barrel bushing will require fitting to the barrel and the frame. If I were you I would get an oversized firing pin stop and fit it also. They don't break very often though. Everything else is good to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to add: Am I looking for 45 cal parts or 9mm/38 super parts? They never seam to list any thing for a 40.

I have the Powerextractor. I'm not real fond of it and they are like $80 for a new one.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Never mind about the extractor then. But normal extractors are prone to give it up at all the wrong times. Don't know about power extractors? Most of the time when a 1911 gives it up, you go to a spare gun for matches. Lest ways I have learned to take a spare gun with me. Just had an incident at an IDPA match. I was using a gun I had just changed the rear sight on. Fired 2 shots and the rear sight came off. No big deal, went to my truck and got my carry gun, finished the match with the carry gun. Having a spare gun is better than spare parts, and quicker too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know the feeling. I lost my front sight ( well just the fiber optic part) but still it was like losing the whole sight on my second stage at the USPSA area 1 match this year.

Not the the time you want to switch from a red dot to a round hole.

I need the parts so I can fix my gun or the wifes. I don't want to buy another para for parts.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I know what you mean about loosing front sight inserts. Lost 3 this year alone. It's the one bad side to using F/O sights. I carry spare rod with me and fix it in the safe area, when it happens. Which doesn't help for the stage your on when it comes out, but you still finish the match. I just put a new red element on my front sight of my carry gun, only this time I used a small drop of super glue to hold it in place. I hope it stays. If you need a source for elements I have a couple of sources that are cheaper than the usual outlets.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
One source is your local model hobby shop. Model train modelers use fiber optic for the little lights in the scenes they build. The other is http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm. I have not used this source yet, but their stuff looks good and the prices are good.

·
Premium Member
11,666 Posts
...I have the Powerextractor. I'm not real fond of it and they are like $80 for a new one.
It's going to cost you either way. EGW offers a sleeve for their HD extractor to allow it to be used in a Para cut for the Power extractor. Pricey compared to a conventional extractor ($60 for HD with the sleeve vs $25 for standard), but outstanding quality. They only list it for 45 currently, but give them a call if you are interested. They might be able to fix you up.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I just put the EGW extractor and sleeve in my LTC. I've not trusted the PXT extractor since the original broke before I had a box of ammo down range; maybe during the first magazine. The replacement extractor has been fine, but it's a casting.

-- Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts