1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it so hard to get parts from Charles Daly? I called looking for parts for a customers guns they were going to send them right out to me, fine great I need them C.O.D. They do not do that ok fine I will call back with my C.C number. I call back and now they don’t know if they have the parts , then they tell me I have to send the gun back to be fixed by them. However I can fix it and you do not know if you have the part come on now. Know wonder why people flame on you . :mad:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the age of product liability lawsuits.

They have no idea who you are or what your abilities are, so they work to the least common denominator - you are an ignoramus who can't put your socks on without assistance. So why should they trust you to do modifications that will potentially compromise the safe operation of the firearm they sell? Because when the gun blows up due to improper installation of that part you surely will sue them for giving you a "defective part".

So - their warranty is only good if you let them or their authorized representative do the modifications for you. Or you buy your own parts from Brownells or whoever and fit them yourself, thus voiding the warranty and taking the responsibility for the blowup onto yourself.

So you have to ask yourself: do I want the lifetime warranty to stay intact, or do I want to be able to put on the parts I want on my gun whenever I want. Simple cost/benefit analysis.

I'm not saying I necessarily like it this way, but this is how the world operates these days.

Now if it were stocks or a recoil spring plug or a magazine follower or something like that you might have more cause to complain...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
glockgirl,
At least they offered to fix it, unlike Glock who blatantly denied the frame rail failures on their guns and offered no assistance whatsoever, untill later when a big police dept. (NY?) agency starts complaining and publishing their experience about the problem.
Like what's been said, most manufacturers doesn't just voluntarily send parts to consumers, due to liability concerns, let alone in the gun industry. Heck, even my car manual advices against doing the engine oil change myself. :rolleyes:
If you think you can fix it yourself, why even bother asking them for parts, as most 1911 parts are easily obtainable?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Like what's been said, most manufacturers doesn't just voluntarily send parts to consumers, due to liability concerns, let alone in the gun industry
Kel-Tec, J&T/Doublestar are great folks to deal with. I personally have done business with both and was treated well. Kel-Tec wouldn't even quote me a price for a part even after telling them I messed it up.:eek:...Both companies just got my address, and within a week I had new parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts