1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Well I gave into my 1911 addiction again and bought the 10mm Patriot experimental model off Dan Wesson Direct. DW was fast. I paid on Friday and it was here yesterday. It is one fine looking gun. Minimal markings (as I prefer), very pretty grips. It looks to have been fired very little. There are a few brass marks on the slide, and the hammer shows some finish wear. Beyond that it appears as-new. I am in hopes that if it had any issues, DW ironed them out in testing. This is my first foray into external extractors so I am a bit nervous. The trigger is very crisp, and feels to be the 4 lbs. they promised. Everything feels nicely fitted, although I need to check the firing pin stop after reading the thread on that here. They also gave me a good price on some spare mags.

It may be a while before I get to the range, but I will let you fellows know how it goes. I have this and a Kimber 10mm that are seriously in need of some shooting.

GR

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well then get out there and start shooting, Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got my DW Patriot 10mm a little while ago and am VERY pleased with it! On my first outing I only got about 60 or so rounds through it, but it was great. I did have one rather strange malfunction (trigger locked up on me, but freed up after racking the slide), but after that it's been flawless. After that first range session I took it to my smith and had him replace the trigger (the stock DW trigger was just plain ugly), cut out the slide stop notch, and install an EGW oversized firing pin stop. (I also read the post about the FPS moving up and the EGW unit seems to negate this problem.) When I got it back I put in a full-length guide rod and slipped a pair of Pearce finger grooves under the stock DW grips (I like finger grooves and the fatter grip). The gun is just plain awesome!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear. Just when I think I have it bad for 10mm, I read your list of guns in that caliber and feel inferior.

:D

GR

·
Registered
844 Posts
Grayrider, Thanks for the purchase. Most of the items on the danwessondirect web site are odd items but include lots of special features. People seem to like it. So if your guy's are happy, Were Happy!!!:) :) :)

Thanks,
Bob
DWF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts