1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pages 62-63 of the December 2003 edition of the NRA magazine "American Rifleman" contain a nice review of the Patriot Expert.

Larry

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks for the post. Yes, good report but the accuracy they shot does not even come close to what the gun shot out of the rest. We set a test target shot form our rest, as we do with all Patriots, and it was a great group. 5 shots around .75”. They shot off bags and the best they did was around 2.0”. I guess this show that the gun can shoot better than a person can.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF
:D :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was curious about that aspect as well. When I read the article they had a lot of praise for the Patriot but the accuracy in the table left me wondering a bit. I follow a lot of the talk here about the Patriot because I am seriously thinking of making it my next 1911, and I recall reading a lot of posts talking about how great the accuracy is. This table shows the opposite, it shows groups in the 4 inch range down to a little over 2 inches. This is the same magazine that has a review of the new Springfield TGO 1911's and they lsit the accuracy on those and they seem to be better than the Patriot. They are also a lot more expensive to be fair.
Something just doesn;t add up here. I know that the boys at DW put out great products and I don;t think they would've let a Patriot leave the factory that shot 4 inch groups at 25 yards. Am I correct or not?
What kind of accuracy at 25 yards are you all getting with your Patriots? I am very curious to see how the results of the actual owners compare to what the article had listed.
Post 'em boys.

Nala

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bear in mind, my Patriot Expert is less than a month old and only has about 300 rds through it.... that being said I was able to group some of my 200gr LSWC handloads into less than 3" @25 yds offhand! Over bags I was able unable to shrink the group (go figure). I'm still working up loads and will devote more time to the gun after hunting season. I'm sure some of the others here will have more experience with the true accuracy potential of these guns.

·
Registered
844 Posts
You have to remember these guys were shooting off bags.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup, we gotta keep it real!

I have the PTE-B. It is more accurate that I am. I shoot consistent 4-inch groups two handed. Been shooting cometitively just a few months since a 29-year hold after mt USN exit in 1974. Took 2nd place on a barrier shoot, and again on a four-target IDAP-style shoot. Beat all but the most seasoned.

Nuff Said?

DW Shootist

PS: I have that moniker for a reason!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Someone called Monday to tell us That the Patriot was on the NRA TV program this past weekend. DID anyone see it??

Thanks,
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts