1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this in a local pawn shop last week for $950 & decided to pass on it. After thinking about it, I went back this morning when they opened and picked it up. Got them down to $900. Not sure when it was made, but the night sights are pretty dim. Anyone have the year of manufacture info. based on serial numbers?

On the way home, I stopped buy a local indoor range to shoot it. I put 4 random mags of 230 FMJ through it without a hic-up. Accurate & 100% reliable.

It came with two un-marked 7 round magazines. Anyone know the make of these?

Prior to cleaning. One of the mags it came with.

After cleaning. Someone added an extended slide stop. Decided just to leave it.

During cleaning, I found this broken firing pin spring. It was promptly replaced.

I also noticed this Nighthawk barrel. I hadn't really paid attention to the barrel hood prior to buying it. Don't know who did the work, but it seems to be done right. I'm very happy with this purchase.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I saw this in a local pawn shop last week for $950 & decided to pass on it. After thinking about it, I went back this morning when they opened and picked it up. Got them down to $900. Not sure when it was made, but the night sights are pretty dim. Anyone have the year of manufacture info. based on serial numbers?

On the way home, I stopped buy a local indoor range to shoot it. I put 4 random mags of 230 FMJ through it without a hic-up. Accurate & 100% reliable.

It came with two un-marked 7 round magazines. Anyone know the make of these?

Prior to cleaning. One of the mags it came with.

After cleaning. Someone added an extended slide stop. Decided just to leave it.

During cleaning, I found this broken firing pin spring. It was promptly replaced.

I also noticed this Nighthawk barrel. I hadn't really paid attention to the barrel hood prior to buying it. Don't know who did the work, but it seems to be done right. I'm very happy with this purchase.

You can check the dates on the sights to start. Past that maybe call SA?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can check the dates on the sights to start. Past that maybe call SA?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
There's no date on the sights. Based on the pic thread, I'm guessing around 2007-2008. I'll call SA tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The unmarked magazines with the mag well bumper pad look like the ones that came with my TRP.
I don’t think Springfield marks their mags.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I called Springfield with the serial # to mine and within 2 minutes they gave me the build date (April 2000) and a few other scraps of info.
I like SIG's method of putting the build date on the box. Wish they all did it.

At 900 bucks based on your range report you did well IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
The TRP was my first 1911. I soon sold both my Glocks and have never looked back. Mine is a TRP Light Rail and I have it near my nightstand in a safe with a light. They are great guns. Enjoy!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is the link to the SA mags:

These are just rebranded Checkmates:

Same tube and pad, different follower:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shot the TRP again today. Since I swapped out the 2 piece FLGR, I had to make sure it still ran. Another flawless performance. No increase in perceived recoil. And it ran some 230 HST & 230 Golden Sabre without issue.

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
Looks like you found a really nice used pistol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is the link to the SA mags:

These are just rebranded Checkmates:

Same tube and pad, different follower:
Those are the mags that came with the pro. SA is selling them for more than I paid for my 8rnd etms

1 - 17 of 17 Posts