1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped in a local pawn shop yesterday and came across this Gold Cup Trophy. It was pre-owned but unfired. Blued, flattop, duckbill, Elliason sights and C100 grip medallions. The case was included along with all papers, bushing wrench and wadcutter spring. Took it home for 925.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great find, since Colt does not manufacture the blued Trouphy anymore.
This may have been one of the last ones Colt made. It was manufactured in December 2011 and has a model number of 05870CS. I could be wrong, but I think the "CS" designates Custom Shop.

·
Registered
23,175 Posts
Nice find. And it has the 100 year grips on it which the GCTs got in 2011. Back in 2010 I found a lightly used one in a gun store with box etc. for $750. I put some wood grips I ordered off the Colt website on mine, which I also did for the 1996 GCNM on the top in the picture below and the 2012 GCNM "round top" on the bottom below.

The blued GCTs looked pretty much like that from 1997 when they were introduced with the wide Aluminum trigger till 2012 when they were replaced with the GCNM "round top". I don't know if they made any in 2012 or not.

Their model number was O5870CS, which is on the box mine came in also and as a possible point of interest the S/N on mine is GCT23xxx. The model number on the 1996 Enhanced is O5870E and the model number on the 2012 GCNM is O5870NM and this is the last year for those as they have been replaced with the new Series 70 Gold Cup.

They are fun to shoot. I bet you will enjoy yours.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice find. And it has the 100 year grips on it which the GCTs got in 2011. Back in 2010 I found a lightly used one in a gun store with box etc. for $750. I put some wood grips I ordered off the Colt website on mine, which I also did for the 1996 GCNM on the top in the picture below and the 2012 GCNM "round top" on the bottom below.

The blued GCTs looked pretty much like that from 1997 when they were introduced with the wide Aluminum trigger till 2012 when they were replaced with the GCNM "round top". I don't know if they made any in 2012 or not.

Their model number was O5870CS, which is on the box mine came in also and as a possible point of interest the S/N on mine is GCT23xxx. The model number on the 1996 Enhanced is O5870E and the model number on the 2012 GCNM is O5870NM and this is the last year for those as they have been replaced with the new Series 70 Gold Cup.

They are fun to shoot. I bet you will enjoy yours.
Nice collection:) and thanks for all the information. The serial no. on mine is GCT32xxx.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very nice find sir. My only Colt is an older GCNM Mk lV Series 80 in stainless steel. Sadly it seems like I can't post pics to the site from my cell phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts