1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sixty two years ago today at right about this time our fathers were attacked at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

Don’t forget to take a second and honor those that were there and that later helped set right the wrong that had been done to the United States of America and its Naval forces. Never forget.

Pearl Harbor – Dec 7th, 1941.

Regards,
Ty

·
Administrator
10,926 Posts
I found this link on the attack referenced on another site.

While you are at it, remember those that are working now to right the wrong that the U.S. suffered 2 years, 2 months and 26 days ago.

62 years... we wouldn't dream of using an airplane or a radar or an explosive from WW2 in our current conflict, but we are still using (in at least some capacity) the 1911.

JMB was a genius.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ty,
I know this is a little late but thanks for starting this string. I haven't logged on in quite a while.

I was at the ARIZONA Memorial for the service this past Dec 7th. It was a very moving Memorial Service. There were a few times when there wasn't a dry eye there. After the service I met and spoke with a few of the men that were there on that fateful day. It was certainly an honor to be in their presence. I will always remember them.

Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lou,
I had the pleasure of being at Pearl this past veterans day. Very moving indeed.

PS - Its never to late to start a thread on important topics here :)
Regards,
Ty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts