1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new PM-7 45acp on the 26th and took it to the indoor range today to try it out. I fired 250 rounds without any type failure :) After a few sight adjustments my groups looked like one large hole with the exception of the occasional flyer which I knew was my fault. This thing is a tack driver!! I couldn't be happier. I have been doing some research on this forum for a few months and I'm convinced I made the right decision. I have had a Dan Wesson 744 revolver for many years and thought the accuracy and quality were exceptional, so DW was my first choice when it came to getting a 1911 style pistol. I had read some of the "horror stories" concerning feed problems, jams, and even cracked or broken parts and was wondering if the new CZ version of DW would be up to my high expectations. Like I said before, I'm very pleased and I hope the problems anyone has are the few exceptions to the rule. I'm also happy to hear that DW's customer service quickly takes care of these problems but happier that I don't need to call them myself. Now I get to do my first cleaning. I'll post again if I notice any unusual wear and fill you in after another 250-500 rounds but I'm hoping to continue with a perfect 0% failure rate.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Nice to hear, don't often get posts from guys who had everything go as planned.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good luck with your new gun. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat them for the price. Nice to hear that they're still putting out a quality product. I'll keep an eye out for your progress reports. Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is good to hear, my wife surprised me with a PM7 with adjustable sights for Christmas and I'm taking it to the indoor range today on the way to a New Year's party. I have no reason to think anything different will happen.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another 200 rounds and only 1 failure to feed and I really believe that was do to a lose grip while trying to fire left handed. It happened within the first 20-30 rounds and after keeping a firmer grip or swithing back to right handed and 2 handed not another problem. This gun is awesome!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My Razorback was pretty much the same way, except the sights were right on. Which is good, because they are not adjustable.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
My CBOB had a failure to lock back on an empty mag. I took the mag followers out and carefully peened the edge that contacts the SS until it was .005" wider, so far no more problems. Stock mags.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My new pm-7 and my old DW 744.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts