1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice gun. Jim did my Hi-Power and a Colt 1911 for me. They are both great guns. Jim is a great guy and does excellent work. I think that you will be very pleased with how it shoots and how reliable it is. Congrats!

Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very nice looking pistol. Is that style of hammer relieved at all to help prevent hammer bite? I spoke with the folks at Novak's and was told that there is no way to prevent hammer bite on a commander style hammer. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Congrats! I have a Garthwaite Hi Power and it is one of the finest handguns I own. I am sure you will treasure yours too.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Very nice. I've owned two different hi-powers from Garthwaite. Both were exceptional. Sold both, unfortunately, but the habit must be fed in some manner until I am wealthy enough to actually keep everything that I buy or have built...:(

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
No way to prevent hammer bite on a commander-style hammer on a BHP? You're kidding me. Just cut a relief on the back of the type I commander hammer just like Novak's does with spur hammers. The type II commander hammer looks like you would have a hard time doing that, though...

I've actually been thinking about the type II hammer and how to prevent hammer bite if I got one. The only thing that I can think of is to weld it up a little on the inside and then cut a relief in it...:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts