1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked it up yestereday from my Wilson Master dealer. Seems to shoot great, although I have not put it on a bench rest yet. Need a double mag pouch for it. Other than Wilson, who makes them? Looked on Dillon's site, and they don't list them for the KZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I likes the OD slide,what gives the extractor the distictive color? I haven't found a mag pouch for mine yet either!:(

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Extractor color

The color in the photo is not the true color of the extractor. I just looked at it and the extractor is a stainless steel color, not purple as it appears in the photo. Maybe a reflection or some unknown photography thing. When I took the photos and posted them, my attention was on the slide color, and I did not even notice the discoloration of the extractor in the photo. :)

Thanks,
Neal

·
Registered
256 Posts
Was the OD extra cost? Mine is black I paid extra for adjustable nitesights and ambi safety.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1911roben said:
Was the OD extra cost? Mine is black I paid extra for adjustable nitesights and ambi safety.

Yes, the OD Armor Tuff costs more than plain black, but I ordered it with plain black sights- no tritium, and that reduced the cost. I forgot to ask the specifics, but the retail was $1021.91.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Neal, have you been able to get a third mag from Wilson? Every time I check they seem to be out. I'll be checking their website again today. I've been using a helweg single mag pouch made for a glock 21 with the lower tension screw cranked in,works ok but not as secure as I would like. For a holster I'm using a galco nsa which had gotten a little loose for my other 1911s.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mags

The dealer at which I was able to locate the right specs when I gave up temporarily on the compact (but Keith is helping me overcome that :D ) had enough so he could send me three. I've had some irritating problems not easily replicated resulting in sending it back twice (poor Craig, he could recognize my voice after a while :rolleyes: ) before they apparently got it right, and the last time they sent me 2 more mags as a compensation. Try calling directly to the customer service folks and ordering through them.

Now all I have to do is get the rest of the money for the gun I sold to finance my compact, pay the balance to Keith, and cross my legs 'til it comes in and I can test it! It may well be my own personal Christmas present.

Then there is the little matter of figuring out how and when I can afford a Protector stainless, and how I want it set up, and ... and ....

;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Magazine availability

1911roben said:
Neal, have you been able to get a third mag from Wilson? Every time I check they seem to be out.
I have not tried to get mags from Wilson. The dealer had 4 new mags in stock yesterday. When I get a few bucks ahead, I'll buy some more from the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts