1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on a new kimber model. I have a ss pro carry in 40cal, but am looking at a new one in 45 cal. I like the Tactical Entry II™ .45 ACP and the Stainless Raptor II™ .45 ACP . I have read the spec.s on each but would love everyone's expieriance with each one. Pros and cons maybe.
New by the way..Hello.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the group. You'll find tons of info and lots of oppinions here. No matter which .45 you decide to get, you'll be very happy.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As far as the perfect pick thats up to you. They are all good guns. Have fun trying to pick just one :biglaugh:

·
Registered
794 Posts
What about my favorite... Kimber's SS TLE without the rail:rock:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Kimber Custom II with GI guide rod. Everything I need, nothing I don't. It's as accurate and dependable as the high end Kimbers.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Pro Carry.:rock::rock::rock:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
nking,

That is a gorgeously simple, but modernistic 1911, the Custom II. How many rounds have you fired through her???? The finish seems to be from a brand new piece!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
What you are going to get here are a lot of opinions and we all know what those are like. The best gun is the one that feels and shoots the best for you. Why would you care what someone's favorite gun might be not knowing if it would be best for you? It's like asking what kind of car would we like you to buy..

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
nking,

That is a gorgeously simple, but modernistic 1911, the Custom II. How many rounds have you fired through her???? The finish seems to be from a brand new piece!
Shockingly enough, it's my winter carry gun, IPSC gun, USPSA gun, and Steel Challenge gun. She sees some serious use. I have found that a daily wipe with a silicone cloth keeps the holster wear down to some extent. I currently have 6,525 rounds through it consisting of mostly light lead reloads. She just keeps going and never complains. :rock:

It's difficult to tell from the picture, but there is some very slight wear on the slide at the muzzle and front serrations and on the frame toward the front edge of the dust cover. It's very minimal, and I'm impressed with the Black Oxide finish.

She's mighty accurate for being in the hands of a relative neophyte:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
nking,

Thanks! I am not really a fan of serrations on the MSH & front handle of handguns, I prefer a minimalist approach. I also don't like nite sights.

When you showed your target and the picture of your Custom II, I finally found what I like in the Kimber line. Your gun has character and soul, and you are a good shot! Thanks a lot, brother !

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Perception is reality. There is a perfect Kimber for you, but no such thing as a perfect Kimber. While you are at it - take a look at the new Colt Combat Elite as a comparison to Kimber. Dan Wesson also.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
what you are going to get here are a lot of opinions and we all know what those are like. The best gun is the one that feels and shoots the best for you. Why would you care what someone's favorite gun might be not knowing if it would be best for you? It's like asking what kind of car would we like you to buy..
+1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I normally take opinions like a grain of salt or really consider their reality as what it is...

So let me rewrite this a little bit (my mistake) . Which of the kimber line has the best reputation, which has the worst, and by stats which is more likely to survive a year of truck,home, and family protection with minimal wear,tarnish, and most of all non-breakage,return to factory,minor polishing by gunsmith. Basicly the best out of the box working order gun with the least of problems,based on user stats and test . Basicly review your gun for me!!!

I like to know what I am buying before I put that much money out ..And yes I am very happy with the 40cal. pro carry pre series II ,would just like a new 45 cal. from a name I like.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Get a plain jane Custom II. Only you can decide what the best features for you are. If this is your 1st 1911, shoot it and decide what you want to change, then change it down the road.

Personally, I think the best Kimber is an original, pre-series II, classic custom. I've only got 6 of them :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts