1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice and clean, functions perfectly, with GI trigger and arched MSH.

Serial Nr is 27381**............anyone know about when it was made?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got one a couple of months ago. I too put in a short milled trigger, arched MSH I've got a couple hundred rounds through it. Not any problems to speak of. Pretty gun. :rock:

·
Registered
35 Posts
273 serial probably made around 1996. I had a 277xxxx. Called Colt and
they said it was made in 1997. Don't know how many they made a year,
but that's about 40,000 differance in serial number range.
Do a search. There are alot of little differances Colt made to these in the 90's. :p

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,283 Posts
I think Colt was selling about 30,000 guns, of all kinds, per year during that time period. If the guns are 40k apart, I'd bet three or four years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
M1991a1

I also got my used Colt 45 M1991A1, and the serial number also start ... 273****, I am from the Philippines, does this mean that my newly aquired colt was also manufactured 1997?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mdap713: I think it indicates our 273***'s were made in 1996 or probably even earlier. At any rate, they are still relatively "new" guns. This makes my second 1991A1 and I think they are fine guns. Personally I prefer the matte finish over a glossy blue. I have both, but the glossies don't get shot much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
M1991a1

ulflyer: Thanks for the reply, i really am enjoying my Colt M1991A1, do you think that it is wise to have my colt customized?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Customizing

MDap: Customization is a subjective thing. Two ways to look at it: If the gun shoots good enough and reliable enough in stock mode, then it doesn't need anything done to it. On other hand, if by changing things on it makes you feel better/happier/whatever, or you think that it will make your gun even better than it is, then by all means, change it to suit. Thats what its all about...."doing your thing".

I do find it easier to sell lower priced, stock guns, than the higher priced ones with bells and whistles. I'm talking about selling at gun shows and such, not on the various auction sites. Seems to me that when you reach the $500 price range you rule out a lot of folks.

I don't buy to sell, but ultimately I know that I will want something else and some of my existing ones will have to go.:)

Cheers.........

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Only fix what you don't like. For me, the 1911 has to have an ambi. safety (I'm a southpaw), good fixed sights, and a 3.5 to 4.5-lb. (short, solid) trigger with zero creep and overtravel at a minimum. A high-ride beavertail grip safety, beveled magazine well, a carry bevel package, and some sort of front strap/MSH treatment are icing on the cake.

If it can't shoot 3" or better at 25 yds. then a match barrel bushing, re-crown, and some barrel fitting might be needed.

Regards,
Andy

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coltbuff: Yeah, I seem to have an afinity for Norks:scratch: However, with their prices getting up in the $400 range, have decided to concentrate more on lower priced Colts......unless I run across a "real deal" of course.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts