1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I had a little gun money tucked back...was saving towards a Mossberg 930 12ga. My friend called me last night and said he wanted to sell his Griffon Commander. Not having a Commander in the stable right now, he had my attention. The gun is 95% or better, but the PT night sights are dead. I may put a set of Novak low mounts on it if I can verify the front sight dovetail is the .330x65* cut. He had the original box, cleaning rod/brush and both mags. I have shot this gun before, and it shoots great. So, as soon as he said $300 my price, I was on my way out the door. :)

There are reports that the Griffons are made from Norinco parts, and I would have to say that would be my guess as well. The frame contours, slide stop and thumb safety, beavertail, shallow mag well bevel, etc. are identical to the Norinco I gave to my uncle a few years ago. The mags are even identical.

I have managed a couple of gun shops, and I remember when the Norincos were being imported, and how folks scoffed at them....until Wilson said they would work on them. :biglaugh: Now it seems the Norks are snatched up as quickly as they can be found.

So, if the Griffon is indeed a Nork in different guise, one more reason to be content in my purchase.

As soon as I can figure out my front sight situation, she might be a good candidate for a new party dress made of Duracoat.

GHILLIE

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the little beast. The barrel hood was a tad tarnished, so I polished it with some Mothers Mag polish, and did the feed ramp while I was at it. The mag catch was a little out of spec, and if barely touched would drop the mag. I ordered a S&W mag catch assy from Midway USA, and it showed up today. Dropped right in and worked perfect. Ordered a couple of Springfield 7 round mags as well.

The sear was only engaging about 2/3 of the contact point, so some careful stoning took care of that. Now the trigger is sweeeeet.

Chock full of forged parts, with the exception of the new mag catch and the cast PT sights. Hopefully will get to the range this weekend with this one, and the High Standard GI I am picking up tomorrow.

GHILLIE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up a Griffon as well

sorry to bring up another thread out of mothballs but i'm new here and wanted to put my two cents worth in...i picked up my Griffon from a guy that bought a few too many guns without his wifes permission..lol...it was still new in the box and i got it for $375, the night sites work great and he even put on a set of hogue soft rubber finger groove grips.,,after having to have some adjusting done to the trigger i have to say that this is a very nice shooter since october i have put about 1200 rounds through it and its ate them all with no probs and i've used everything from wolf fmj's to starfires and gold dot hp's. i even ordered a nice leather shoulder rig and 3 extra clips from sportsmans guide the new clips work fine...now this lil dandy rides with me anytime i go riding atv's down by the river i even like it better than the charles daly efs i owned the accuracy is better and its not as picky about i feed it...lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone ever find a barrel to match the slide porting on these?

I've had mine for awhile but never really bothered to look before now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts