1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a trip to my favorite local purveyor of lead dispensing freedom accessories last night and came home with this:

I can't wait to put some rounds through it tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice. I got one just like it about a year ago and it has not had one hiccup. Took it on vacation and between me, my brother-in-law, my wife, both sons and daughter we put about 500 rounds through it one afternoon. Only thing I have done is put a set of stag grips on it and shoot the devil out of it. Great gun for the money. Really nice picture by the way. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm getting ready to leave for the range right now and I'll be sure to report back on how she performs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
:rock:

love mine!

i had 2 ftf withing the first 50? rounds, other than that, it's been perfect. i have 500-700 rounds through it now.

i really like the way it looks, but more important to me, i like the way it feels and shoots.

nail driver!

keep us informed

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
the only problem I have had with my 108285 S & W is that the 8 round magazines don't work very well with 8 rounds in them. they work just fine with 7 rounds and to me that ain't that big of a deal. I have had mine for close to 3 years and over 1,000 rounds. it is a very good 1911.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well guys I'm happy to report that I put about 100rds of 230gr FMJ through it today with no issues whatsoever. As far as accuracy goes, hitting my 10x10" steel plate at 25yds was no problem. Next range trip I'll set up some paper targets and see what kinda groups she is capable of.

Here's a pic I snapped at the range of the SW1911 and some of my other toys:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice family picture there!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts

I've carried the Gunsite a LOT. Slide finish could be better. I like short triggers.

I don't think S&W still makes a full-size PD anymore unless you get a light rail model (?) Maybe you could still find one. Full-size alloy frame is pretty cool IMHO. Not sure anyone else makes one.

makO,nice Kel-Tec ! I'd like to have one someday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts