1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this one lurking on Guns America. Aluminum frame with a ramped bull barrel and Novak sights. The gun has been internally 'smoothed' and tuned with a real nice trigger pull. Called the dealer and worked out a deal Gun is actually nicer than I thought it was. Has a little holster wear showing on the side of the slide, but that will buff out if I decide to do it. Detail stripped it and it is a 'really low' round count from the looks of it. Did not get a case or papers though.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Never had an EMP so can't compare. Also just picked it up and haven't shot it yet. Gun has had some nice work done on it. It was under $800, which may seem high but given the condition and added work is a good price to me if it shoots good

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah, about $300~400 cheaper than an EMP. But, since EMP had 15 parts re-engineering specifically for the 9mm cartrdige, I often wonder about reliability and performance. I have heard a few complaints from people about SA Micro and Ultra compacts in 45. Never even knew they made this in 9.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Maybe not "rare" but certainly scarce (and desirable). Worth every cent you paid for it. If you decide it's not for you you should have no trouble getting your money back out of it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe not "rare" but certainly scarce (and desirable). Worth every cent you paid for it. If you decide it's not for you you should have no trouble getting your money back out of it.
Good to hear. I knew nothing about them and never owned an SA other than a quick turnaround on a Champion. But for some reason it was just calling my name, as I was looking for a 9mm. All my other 1911's are 45s

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice looking gun, very nice. With the reliability tune it should be a fine shooter. I know where there is an Ultra Compact in .45 and he wants $945 for it. Looks kinda beat up, I passed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have an EMP 9 & am super happy with it. As far as your gun I think you got a fantastic deal on it. I forgot to mention Great looking gun. I know I would be happy with it.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
My UC 9mm took a little work to get it like I wanted it.
The integral ramp had to be recontoured to make it work as a feed ramp with hollowpoints. I put on standard thickness grips, a steel firing pin, and a single sided thumb safety, then painted the front sight blade.
Maybe the more expensive EMP is tailored to the 9mm but it also uses a lot fewer standard parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts