1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local gun store to price a Taurus 650SS CIY and noticed a Makarov hanging by a nail on the used gun wall. It was up there with a bunch of POS used pistols and apparently the owner didn't feel it had good enough resale status to sit in the used gun display case with the nicer used guns. He had it since friday. I asked to look at it and ended up buying it for 179.00 out the door. It is an EG Mak in 98% if not better. I came with a single magazine and was equipped with a pierce grip. It is built like a tank. I can understand the near cult following that these pistols have. They are cheap in cost but not cheaply made. I'm also getting a bugarian Mak that I intend to use for conceal carry when I don't feel like carrying the .45. I really don't want to mess up the bluing on the EG Mak due to the increasing cost and rarity of these. The EG's are not being imported anymore. I'll take it to the range and put some rounds through it. I have 800 rds of Barnaul 95 gr. JHP's sitting here at the house.
I'll keep you posted.

Robert.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Pretty good find, from what I hear usually the E. German ones are over $200. Once I get some money together and get a few other things I plan on getting a Bulgarian mak. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Makarovs are some of the best pistols out there for the money. You ain't gonna find another pistol for $200 or less that is half as accurate or reliable. Don't think I have ever seen one jam. Sort of the AK 47 of semi-autos!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yep! had a E German !
Sold it a few years ago!:eek:

One pistol I wish I still had!:(

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good find, good price, great gun. have fun

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Great Price!

Lucky find. I have a Russian, and a Bulgie, and I like them both. THey are great, and they are packed with tons of cold war history

1 - 6 of 6 Posts