1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know first hand what all the fuss is about :rock:
Freakin' love this gun. Picked it up last week and immediately put 200 completely trouble free rounds through it, 100 JHP and 100 FMJ.

Crappy pic but I'm sure everyone here has seen a TRP. This thing is a tack driver though. Was hoping to get to shoot it today but it didn't pan out.
Also picked up an AR at the same time, both gifts to myself for getting out of the military :cool:
Before:

After:

:biglaugh:
Both guns are a blast to shoot.
My dad works with metal and makes some beautiful stuff, he's in the process of making some grips for the TRP for me so I'll post pics once I get them on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SWEET TRP! I can't wait to pick up mine, just got the call it came in today! How do you like the armory kote finish?
Love it. Looks and feels awesome. Got a couple marks just from normal usage and the slide racking etc but that's going to happen regardless.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My champion operator has the armory kote on it, it has lasted well for me so far but have only carried it about 6 times. The trp i ordered is Stainless steel. I hope it will be alot easier to polish out a scratch than have to refinish a pistol.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
congrats on the new guns Transam!!!

My champion operator has the armory kote on it, it has lasted well for me so far but have only carried it about 6 times. The trp i ordered is Stainless steel. I hope it will be alot easier to polish out a scratch than have to refinish a pistol.
the SS TRP is a bead blasted finish, so you really can't polish a scratch out.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Well i just picke dup my SS TRP friday, the fit and finish is great! i can't wait to get it to the range.
Quack; i see what you mean about the satin finish, not being able to be polished out. I had never seen the satin finish in person until this gun. i like it alot better than my loaded with the polished sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts